Followers

Saturday 7 June 2014

Hummingbird Hawk Moth.

A couple of years ago I planted a bit of Red Valerian in the garden to hopefully attract the fabulous Hummingbird Hawk Moth, a migrant moth from the Mediterranean region.  Today, whilst sitting in the garden I had one briefly visit to nectar on the plant. Although I managed a couple of half decent pictures I hope to do better if it comes back soon so I have put up a couple of my better attempts from 2009.








Hummingbird Hawk Moth.



This morning I paid a return trip to the river to try and get some more pictures of the Scarce Chasers and Red-eyed Damselflies once the thunder and lightening had gone. With the damselflies sitting out on the lilly pads still my equipment wasn't quite up to the job. However, whilst trying to get pictures of them I did get some more Scarce Chasers and Banded Demoiselles.



male Banded Demoiselle.




female Banded Demoiselle.








male Scarce Chaser.

No comments:

Post a Comment