Followers

Wednesday 17 January 2024

Fungi.

 Towards the end of 2023 I did have a few little trips out and about, with a few different forms of fungi. The best day was in a West Sussex woodland with Lisa where we found several Magpie Inkcaps, a species that had managed to evade me up until that point, despite it being far from rare. On the same walk we did stumble across a couple of other interesting fungi, following on from seeing Parrot Waxcaps for the first time and a lovely display of Porcelain Fungi in East Sussex.



Magpie Inkcap.



Fly Agaric.



Parrot Waxcap.



Porcelain Fungi.

David and I also had an uneventful day to Dungeness, where all the birds we had hoped to see remained unseen!! Apart from a close view of a Great White Egret, that hardly warranted the long day, the camera stayed pretty quiet.



Great White Egret.

On a walk from home in December, several Kestrels were seen. Some of them did allow a close approach too, which was rather nice. Especially as on a few walks I continued to miss the Long-billed Dowitcher, that was a first for East Sussex. It turned up in mid October, but wasn't seen by me on any of my visits until mid January. Fortunately it stayed around long enough for me to see it!! A grab shot of a Rock Pipit was the only other mini highlight for me. Far from a rarity, but one that rarely poses for a photo.






Two different Kestrels.



Rock Pipit.








No comments:

Post a Comment