Followers

Saturday 24 March 2018

Firecrest and Adders.

Last Thursday a walk over the local downland produced a wonderful experience with a Firecrest. Feeding in the Gorse the bird was actively looking for insects and was totally oblivious to me. At one point when I was crouched down watching the bird, it flew straight towards me and settled in the Gorse right by me. It stayed here for a few seconds only around a foot from where I was crouched down. Amazing watching the bird at such close quarters.









Firecrest feeding in the Gorse.


The main purpose of the walk was to see if I could see my first Adder of the year. I wasn't expecting the breeze to be so cold, so it wasn't looking too hopeful, but in a couple of sheltered spots 2 Adders were eventually seen. Really good to see these wonderful creatures.




Adder. My 1st of the year.


Adder. My 2nd of the year.


2 comments: