Followers

Sunday 19 February 2017

Peacock.

Having spent a couple of hours hoping for an early Adder in the warmth yesterday, on the drive home 2 butterflies were seen tumbling about in the air together. These were almost certainly Small Tortoiseshell, but unfortunately couldn't be confirmed without a blue Toyota hitting me in the rear!! Today though, there was no doubt about the identity of the Peacock butterfly I came across soaking up the sunshine. Although I managed my first butterfly photo of the year, it isn't a particularly exciting image!! Good to see my 2nd confirmed butterfly of the year though, following the Red Admiral from Monday.



Peacock.



3 comments:

  1. Yes I saw a dark shape fluttering over my head this morning as I was on my bicycle. Red admiral I guess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear that your season has started. I haven't seen anything other than hibernating butterflies. There have been a few reported locally, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. Awesome photo. There already butterflies. Here in Finland, the butterflies begin to appear two or three months.

    ReplyDelete