Followers

Monday 21 June 2021

White-legged and Mayflies.

 So far this year I have somewhat neglected Dragonflies and Damselflies, but a short visit to a couple of sites has given me the chance to get a few shots of these fascinating insects, along with a couple of Mayflies.


It does seem to be a particularly good year for White-legged Damselflies and I am finding them in most areas that I visit. A very distinctive species.



White-legged Damselflies in tandem.




Female White-legged Damselfly.




Male White-legged Damselfly.


Mayflies have always given me a target for photography with their intricate wings and incredible body structure. Last year I missed them totally due to the lockdown and the previous year I only saw a single individual, so it was good to see a few more this year.






Mayflies.


A Red-tipped Clearwing was also good to see on the same day as the Mayflies. One of my favourite Clearwings although I still haven't got the right photo I'm after of this species. 



Red-tipped Clearwing.






1 comment:

  1. Lovely images Bob of the White legged and Mayflies. We don't get det them in East Kent but hopefully they will slowly spread this way. Take care.

    ReplyDelete