Followers

Sunday 2 April 2017

Butterfly Hunt.

With some fabulous weather over the last few days and reports of Orange-tips coming in thick and fast I have spent the last couple of days hoping for some 2017 new emerging butterflies. The trouble when the weather is so good it is easy to forget it is still very early so yesterday was a bit of a letdown, possibly due to a cooler than expected breeze and I only added to my years total with a Small White. Today I stayed on the local patch and once again only added one more species with this time a Green-veined White. 2 Speckled Wood were also good to see, these following my first Speckled Wood from Friday. My years total of species now stands at 8. Maybe an Orange-tip will come my way during the coming week!!




Green-veined White. (A shot from 2016).




Speckled Wood.




4 comments:

  1. So beautiful. Your photos is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Small white was out today, I think! Saw one at a distance

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a male Orange Tip last week at work, my earliest by far I think. No doubt you will cross paths soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One Orange-tip in the garden Saturday & Sunday (did manage some images Saturday)

    Graham Nichols

    ReplyDelete