Followers

Tuesday 31 March 2015

A Swallow and a Snake.

Two sessions today looking for Wall larvae and the Shrike. Good views after a while of the Shrike but it once again avoided having any photos taken. For the 2nd time in less than a week I managed 9 larvae. Will I get a double figure count one day?
On the 2nd session I spotted a Grass Snake basking in the sun in the middle of a bush. It was very grey in colour and will I assume soon shed its skin. The eye was quite clear so it may already have shed some. Strangely it was laying on egg shells so I wonder if it had eaten the contents of the egg. Just after this I saw a Fox in the distance and I was hoping it might head my way. I also saw my first Swallow of the year as it was hawking for insects near the top of the hill. On my return to the car a Marsh Harrier flew over, an unusual sight in the area.




The grey Grass Snake.




A clear eye though.




Sparrow Hawk hunting nearby.




No comments:

Post a Comment