Followers

Wednesday 11 February 2015

Bearded Tit.

It was one of those days today, cloudy and dull!! This morning I went looking for some Wall Brown larva as it had got a bit milder over the last few days. Even then, at only 7 degrees I wasn't too confident. However, after searching for around 30 minutes I had found 4 with the largest around 2 cm.
With Pen at the hospice I had around an hour spare this afternoon so I thought I would have another look for the Bearded Tits. I've now spent around 4 hours looking for these over the last week or so. Plenty of sightings but mostly flight views. As I've never managed a photo of one of these all I had to do was to get any picture, which would make it my best Bearded Tit picture!! Eventually a male appeared in view, unfortunately in the middle of the reed bed. I was lucky to get one shot with no reeds across the face. Not a World shattering picture but at least it is a start. Maybe next time the light will be far better and the birds will perform better for me.




Male Bearded Tit.

1 comment: