Followers

Wednesday 12 November 2014

The Rough-legged Buzzard.

With a bit of sun early in the day yesterday I was up with the lark and went to see the Rough-legged Buzzard at Jevington. Unfortunately for me the Buzzard had a lay-in so after a couple of hours I had to leave without seeing it!! (No larks either). Not long after I left the Buzzard was seen of course. 

Today, after dropping Pen off at the hospice I went for another go. It was showing pretty well all the time I was there, although quite distant. It dropped down on prey several times whilst I was there so it seemed to be feeding well. Only a few pictures taken as it was really good watching this fabulous bird through the binoculars. It was also obvious that with the poorish light and the distance it was away there wasn't going to be any great pictures anyway!!




Rough-legged Buzzard hovering.




Being mobbed by Corvids.




Soaring overhead.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Bob

    Nice to meet you at Jevington on Wednesday. As you predicted the sun came out just after you left and we managed to get a few pictures. The're not perfect but you can see them on my blog if you want to see what you missed.

    Once again, thanks for all the tips that we have picked up on Butterflies from reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb captures Bob,not seen one in the UK.
    Would like to,great tick.
    John.

    ReplyDelete