Followers

Monday 16 June 2014

A Large One.

With Matt telling me that the Short-toed Eagle had decided to hide for a while I went to the River Cuckmere again with the hope that he would advise me to get up there quickly if it reappeared. With heavy cloud I wasn't really expecting to see too much so I was really pleased to find a nice male Large Skipper that let me take quite a few pictures of it. Side,open wing and head-on.

















Also showing were several Blue-tailed Damselflies and many Banded Demoiselles. All these were very active despite the overcast conditions.





Blue-tailed Damselfly.



Finally I couldn't resist some more shots of the fabulous Mayfly.









I then heard a purring Turtle Dove and as I returned to the car I had great views of it in a tall tree.



No comments:

Post a Comment