Followers

Thursday 7 March 2019

Oak Beauties.

A few years ago, after purchasing an MV mothtrap, my first moth was an Oak Beauty. I joked at the time that the moth had cost me around £350. Of course it wasn't long before many more moths had been caught, so the cost of each moth reduced dramatically!!

However, I hadn't caught another Oak Beauty until last week, when I put the trap out for the first time this year. The following morning there was an Oak Beauty on the fence by the trap, and a darker individual inside the trap. A March Moth was the only other moth caught.

Despite the Oak Beauty being a very well patterned moth it is extremely well camouflaged when sitting on the bark of a tree.



The two Oak Beauties caught.



The darker Oak Beauty.



A more normal Oak Beauty.



March Moth.



No comments:

Post a Comment