Followers

Friday 7 January 2022

The Snow Bunting.

 A couple of days ago I went on another long walk which included Bo Peep. Since finding the Snow Bunting there on December 23rd I have had another 5 visits hoping to get decent views of the bird, but apart from one visit where the bird was quite distant I had been unlucky until this recent visit when it was in a small chalky patch sitting on the chalk and appearing to be sunbathing. 

Yesterday, I was doing some scrub clearing on my patch when I had a text from Matt telling me that the Snow Bunting had been found very much the worse for wear in the morning and had since died. A really sad end to his stay at Bo Peep. He had been looking a little odd as he had damaged his leg and seemed to be struggling with his balance on Wednesday, so I guess it wasn't too much of a surprise.






The sunbathing Snow Bunting.


No comments:

Post a Comment