Thursday, 25 August 2016

Another Jersey Tiger.

With such a gorgeous evening I once again put the moth trap out hoping to get a rare migrant. During the night though the wind got up and I was wondering if I had made a mistake. Plenty of moths were in the trap this morning with my 2nd Jersey Tiger of the summer, strangely both have been the form lutescens, which have yellow hind-wings rather than the orange that is more normal.



Jersey Tiger, form lutescens.






Jersey Tiger under-side.


A Dark Sword-grass was a migrant moth in the trap, this is my first of the year. A lovely Burnished Brass was nice too as was a Blood-vein and a Lime-speck Pug. Just after the sun came up a very smart Small Tortoiseshell warmed up on the wall of the house.



Dark Sword-grass.



Burnished Brass, form aurea



Blood-vein.



Lime-speck Pug.



Small Tortoiseshell.




3 comments:

  1. I've never seen a Jersey Tiger before. You can see why it is so named, beautiful!
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Great photos. Familiar butterflies. These butterflies flying around here in Finland.

    ReplyDelete