Followers

Saturday 12 April 2014

The Long Search.

I reckon I have spent upwards of 12 hours over the last couple of years trying to find another Wall Brown pupa. The larva are quite easy to find and follow all through their growth, but the pupa, it has been driving me to distraction!! Today though, at long last I found one. Last year I found one that had been discovered by ants as it was actually pupating and they were eating it as I found it. So it was a massive relief to find this one today. I then went on to relocate the larva that I've been following and this was feeding up and was probably near to pupating. A Peacock and web of Browntail Moth larva were also seen nearby.



Peacock




Browntail Moth larva




Wall Brown pupa




feeding Wall Brown larva


No comments:

Post a Comment