Followers

Tuesday 22 April 2014

A Green Day!!

Due to my computer being unwell for the past week I have a bit of catching up to do. On the 14th April I was after one of my favourite butterflies, the Green Hairstreak. This species is particularly special when they are really fresh. I have managed to photograph them in the past on their first day, but this day was even better as it had I believe only just emerged. It flew only short distances and settled on the ground all the time, instead of on bushes, as is normal with this species. I managed to get many images of this little beauty. 











It was also an excellent day with it being warm most of the day and 3 new species for the year in the shape of a Large White, Small Copper and the Dingy Skipper.




Dingy Skipper.







No comments:

Post a Comment