Followers

Sunday 18 October 2020

Wonder of the Day.

 Ever since I started to moth trap in the garden I have always hoped to get the stunningly beautiful Merveille du Jour which is a moth of the Autumn months.


The only time I have seen this species is when Nigel caught some a few years ago and I went to see them. However, it doesn't seem to occur in any number near the coast so it was a great surprise when a couple of weeks ago I found one near my own trap.

Being early in the flight season it was in superb condition and it certainly lived up to it's name as Merveille du Jour which translates to Wonder of the day'!!




Merveille du Jour.


This Autumn has been good for my catches in the garden and I have had several new species as well as some that are good to see again. 

A selection of some of those below.





Canary-shouldered Thorn.



Clancy's Rustic.



Feathered Ranunculus.



Pink-barred Sallow.



L-album Wainscot.



Delicate.



Black Rustic.



Feathered Brindle.




No comments:

Post a Comment