Followers

Wednesday 27 November 2013

Snakes Alive

 
I have always had a fascination with snakes ever since I was a youngster. Then I was actually scared of them, that was until I forced myself to study them to get over the fear. I then caught and photographed them on several occasions. Unfortunately, the best area around Lewes then became a bit of a scramble track for motor bikes and the snakes moved on.
 
This year has been quite mixed as some areas where I have always found Adders such as the Beachy Head area I haven't found any, whereas woodland near Laughton and Arlington have been pretty good.
 
 
A melanic form of Adder.
 


Another Adder, a normal form.
 


 
This year has actually been pretty good for Grass Snakes with more seen than most years on both downland around Seaford and the woodland mentioned earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment