Followers

Sunday 13 October 2013

Drifting Back to Brown Argus.

 
Looking out at the weather today I decided to look back again. This time to the 29th May, a day when I visited my regular patch. The weather that day was quite warm but overcast, fortunately not heavy cloud though, pretty ideal conditions in fact. I am lucky to have a very good area for the Brown Argus, a very small member of the blue butterfly family, and I was hoping to find some freshly emerged specimens. On the way to the area I found a very nice Drinker Moth larva. This is a large larva which can be seen in long grass quite commonly.
 
 
 
 
Once I had arrived at the Brown Argus site I was pleased to find a fresh male quite quickly sitting off the ground on a bush.
 

 
 
With the sun starting to appear through the thinning clouds he soon opened his wings and allowed several photographs before he moved on.
 



 
In the same area there was a few newly emerged Dingy Skipper including this smart female.
 


 
 
She sat there long enough to get a photo from a more unusual angle!!
 

 
 
A great couple of hours spent in the middle of the Sussex Downs.

No comments:

Post a Comment