Followers

Saturday 10 August 2013

Wall Brown bonanza

 
With the 2nd brood of Wall Brown now flying I called up to The Comp yesterday afternoon for a short session. This butterfly is one of the flightiest species and is particularly difficult to get decent photographs of. Fortunately The Comp is a mile long footpath with good quantities of this butterfly. Pretty soon I found a nice male posing well on the bushes. A cyclist came along at the same time and put the butterfly up but fortunately it settled again in a better location.
 
 
 
 

 
During the day today I walked my long circuit where I count Wall Brown. Although I nearly didn't do it due the weather being a bit cloudy I still counted 81 individuals. If the weather had been better 100 was a strong possibility.
 
This morning in the moth trap was this handsome Red Twin-spot Carpet.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment